Altrinsic has incorporated environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations into our investment process since inception in 2000. We take a private equity approach to public equity markets, evaluating companies as if we were to buy them outright with our own capital. We believe that material ESG factors can affect the long-term profitability and/or risk profile of a company and therefore are critical considerations as we holistically assess company fundamentals.
- We believe that ESG considerations are important to our investment process and should be included in the evaluation of investments and overall risk.
- We believe in a balanced approach that includes the application of both internal processes as well as independent third-party analytics in our evaluation of ESG elements.
- We believe in continually seeking to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our efforts relating to the application of ESG considerations in our investment process.
- We believe that active engagement with companies’ management teams on ESG topics benefits all stakeholders and can enhance a company’s long-term value creation.
- We believe proxy voting is an important right and responsibility of shareholders.
For more details about how we take action to fulfill each of our ESG beliefs, please review our full ESG Investment Policy Statement.
For more details about our proxy voting procedures, including protocols to protect against conflicts of interest, please review our full Proxy Voting Policy Statement.
Altrinsic is a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).